CONTOURING THE SHAPE OF YOUR FACE.
HOW TO SHAPE AND REDEFINE YOUR FACE?
Contouring is the oldest technique in makeup and a great makeup artist's secret tool. Not many women know about it and the technique is advanced. So handle with care so you don't end up looking overdone. The key is less is more. Your makeup should be simple and natural. It's your face we want to notice not the make up.
When you contour you will change, accentuate, hide, strengthen and define your face
Think of contouring as painting a blank canvas. You apply foundation to even out your complexion. Then think of creating shape to your face.
The main principle is this:
• Dark shading will make facial features recede
• Light shading will make facial features more prominent
• Thin down a rounded face
• Soften a square face
• Define your cheek bones
• Narrow a large or wide shape nose
• Define your jawline
• Create fuller lips
• Lift saggy eyes
• Minimize a large forehead or receding hair line
• Make your eyes look bigger
TO SCULPT YOUR FACE YOU WILL NEED:
• Your true foundation color that matches your skin exactly
• Your contour color that should be 2 shades darker than your foundation and with the same undertone
• Your highlighting color that should be 1 to 2 shades lighter than your foundation and with the same undertone
APPLY AND BLEND, BLEND, BLEND